- Dinner Dance
- 3 Course Dinner
After months of anticipation, the winners of the Toast of Surrey Business Awards 2015 were announced at a sumptuous ceremony held in Woking on Thursday night.
The great and good of the county’s business scene met at the HG Wells Centre to celebrate the success of not only the winners but all the businesses that entered and made it through the first stage of the annual awards
“Every year the judges’ task seems to get harder. A superb business is pitched against another excellent business and the margins are often very small."
“I am always impressed by the commitment, innovation and courage shown.”
The winners were:
- Young Business of the Year: Healthcare On Demand
- Social Enterprise: Oakleaf Enterprise
- Apprentice Scheme: Johnston Sweepers Ltd
- Creative Industries: Oakdene Designs
- Mental Health and Wellbeing: Specialist Pain Physio Clinics Ltd
- Green Award: The Royal Alfred Seafarers’ Society
- International Trade: Amazon Filters Ltd
- Turnover up to £1 Million: Bruce’s Doggy Day Care
- Turnover up to £5 Million: Diamond Logistics
- Turnover Over £5 Million: Andertons Music Co
- Director of the Year: John Gill, Uvex Safety UK Ltd
Choosing the winners has been no mean feat for the judges, with a total of 34 shortlisted entries across 11 categories.
They were truly encouraged and inspired by the calibre of entries and enjoyed getting an insight into what goes on behind the scenes at some of the best companies in the area.
BBC Surrey DJ James Cannon was MC for the awards ceremony, as guests enjoyed a Champagne reception, fine food and good company.
After the winners were announced, the band started playing, with the crowd dancing until the early hours.